Livescribe Smartpen ResourcesBelow you will find a variety of smartpen resources to help you become a more proficient user of the Livescribe Smartpen and learn how to make it work for you most efficiently. We've included software download links, pricing and spec sheets, as well as a variety of How To's for some items that we are frequently asked.
If you have good Livescribe resources you would be willing to share, please contact us and we will post them for everyone's benefit.
For quick access, choose a category below.
Prior to the Livescribe smartpen, no other technology linked both audio and written/digital notes. This new genre of technology has some scratching their heads and other taking it and running into new frontiers. Is this technology really valid as a learning tool or as an assistive device?
Browse our collection of smartpen research and news for research on pencasting, ease of accessing information, audio feedback, and more. While you're there, check out current news articles to see how others are using this amazing device.
Pricing and Spec Sheets
- Download Livescribe Desktop
Livescribe Desktop is a free download available for either PC or Mac. This software is manages your notes like iTunes manages your music. It is imperative that you download the software as this is also how the firmware on your pen stays automatically up to date when new upgrades or versions are released.
- Download MyScript for Livescribe for Mac or PC
MyScript for Livescribe converts handwritten notes into typed text. You can download a free 30-day trial to see if this is something that interests you. Our 8GB Pro Packs include a license for MyScript for Livescribe
Ideas For Use
- Educational Uses for Livescribe Smartpens
More uses for the Livescribe smartpen than you can imagine
- BLOG: Livescribe Education
Livescribe's very own blog focused on the Livescribe smartpen in education
- BLOG: Live Learning With Livescribe
One of our favorite websites for tons of examples of student work using smartpens
- WIKI: Smartpen Connection
A wiki with fantastic assistive technology ideas for incorporating smartpens
- VIDEO: German Translation in Book
- VIDEO: Read Along Interactive Book
- BLOG: Livescribe Pencast Book Reviews & More
- PDF: Reading Instruction Using the Livescribe Smartpen
Training Videos and Instructions
- Visit Educational Uses for Livescribe Smartpens to find several videos that demonstrate creating and using various Livescribe activities.
- VIDEO: Printing Livescribe paper in Livescribe Desktop
- VIDEO: Deleting_audio_sessions_off_of_the_Livescribe_smartpen
- VIDEO: Highlighting Livescribe Notes
- How can I embed pencasts on my own webpage?
- Embedding a pencast on a Google site
- Five ways to embed pencasts
Case Studies & Customer Stories
- The presentation below was presented at NETA 2011 by Cathy Frank of Engaging Technologies and Stacy Sykes, a middle school math teacher at Beatrice Middle School in Beatrice, Nebraska.
Stacy purchased her first Livescribe smartpen at NETA of 2010 and posts regular classroom lectures to her class website.
You'll have a great time hearing how the Livescribe smartpen met a need that Stacy was facing with notetaking in her classroom and her experience with the smartpen in her classroom...
Big thanks to Jill Novicki (another experienced Livescribe user) for taking super notes during our presentation! (I forgot to get the pen to our notetaker at the beginning, so we did miss introductions in the pencast.)
Do you have smartpen resources that would be helpful to others - web links, pencasts, videos, etc.? Share your additional smartpen resources and we'll get them on this page for everyone's benefit!