MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer
This MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer is a full-featured desktop 3D printer built for daredevils and experimenters to explore the frontiers of 3D printing. Equipped with two extruders and optimized for the traditional thermoplastic ABS filament, the MakerBot Replicator 2X is prepared for future developments in 3D printing.
With a super-flat build plate, a draft-blocking enclosure, and completely re-engineered dual extruders, the Replicator 2X explores everything possible in desktop 3D printing today. In addition, it makes sure you’re future-proof for developments just over the horizon.
Features of the MakerBot Replicator 2X:
- For 3D printing experts who want to explore the frontiers of 3D printing.
- Full-featured desktop 3D printer with experimental dual extrusion is optimized for printing with MakerBot ABS Filament.
- Create professional-quality, high-resolution prototypes and complex models.
- Print in two colors through precisely aligned dual nozzles, without swapping filament or pausing your print.
- Be ready for cutting-edge developments in ABS filament technology and multi-material 3D printing.
- Experiment with overhangs and internal structures using MakerBot® Dissolvable Filament as solid infill material.
- The super-flat heated aluminum build plate is optimized for ABS and machined for crucial flatness to prevent warping or sagging that can affect build quality.
- Six-sided draft-blocking enclosure prevents uneven cooling, shrinking, and cracking.
- New thermal core design stabilizes the internal extruder temperature for more reliable prints.
Protection and Support:
We highly recommend the purchase of a MakerBot MakerCare Protection Plan. This support plan provides customers with a faster, even more comprehensive level of support and service that is unrivaled in the desktop 3D printing industry.
You’ll enjoy an unrivaled level of service that will minimize your downtime, and with a class full of students, that’s important.
- Print Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling
- Build Volume: 24.6 L X 15.2 W X 15.5 H cm [9.7 X 6.0 X 6.1 in], 5796 cubic cm [354 cubic in]
- Layer Resolution: 100 microns [0.0039 in]
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm [0.069 in]
- Filament Compatibility: MakerBot ABS Filament Spool 1 kg [2.2 lb], MakerBot Dissolvable Filament Spool 1 kg [2.2 lb]
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm [0.015 in]
- XY Positioning Precision: 11 microns [0.0004 in]
- Z Positioning Precision: 2.5 microns [0.0001 in]
- Print File Type: .Makerbot
- Construction: PVC Panels with Powder-Coated Steel
- Build Surface: Heated, Black Anodized 356F Aluminum
- XYZ Bearings: Wear-resistant, Oil-Infused Bronze
- Stepper Motors: 1.8° Step Angle with 1/16 Micro-Stepping
- Software Bundle: MakerBot Desktop Software
- Supported File Types: Stl, Obj, Thing, Makerbot
- Operating Systems: Windows (7+), Mac Os X (10.7+), Linux (Ubuntu 12.04+)
- Connectivity: USB, SD CARD (Both a USB cable and SD Card Included)
- AC Input: 100–240 VAC; ~4A; 50–60 Hz; 100W
- Power Requirements: 24 VDC @ 9.2A
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 15 to 32°C [60 to 90°F]
- Storage Temperature: 0 to 32°C [32 to 90°F]
SIZE & WEIGHT
- Product Dimensions:
Without Spool: 49 L X 32 W X 53.1 H cm [19.1 X 12.8 X 20.9 in]
With Spool: 49 L X 42 W X 53.1 H cm [19.1 X 16.5 X 20.9 in]
- Shipping Dimensions: 60.5 L X 58.4 W X 41.7 H cm [23 X 23.8 X 16.4 in]
- Product Weight: 12.6 kg [27.8 lb]
- Shipping Weight: 17.8 kg [39.25 lb]
See It In Action
Watch the MakerBot Replicator 2X create a traffic cone with time lapse.
The MakerBot Replicator 2X has dual extruders, which allows you to create models that are two different colors.
FAQs & Support
- Find FAQs & support resources for the MakerBot Replicator 2X here.
- Download the latest version of MakerBot Desktop to use with your MakerBot 3D Printer.