MakerBot ABS Filament
$48.00 - $460.00
MakerBot ABS Filament is the best, most consistent ABS filament designed and optimized for MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printers. Like all MakerBot Filaments, it’s tested in-house to ensure the highest quality standards and help you get the most of your MakerBot Replicators 2X.
Thanks to state-of-the-art filament manufacturing and quality control standards, when used with the MakerBot Replicator 2X, MakerBot ABS Filament helps produce higher-quality prints, reduce filament problems, and minimize downtime.
Features of MakerBot ABS Filament:
- Because it’s more flexible than PLA filament, MakerBot ABS filament is great for designs that have interlocking or pin-connected pieces or are mechanical.
- When used with MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printers, it helps produce higher-quality prints, reduce filament problems, and minimize downtime.
- High melting point makes it suitable for machine or car parts.
- Soluble in acetone, which allows you to “weld” parts together with just a drop or two or smooth surfaces and create a high gloss by brushing or dipping full ABS pieces in acetone.
- MakerBot ABS filament adheres well to Kapton tape on a heated build plate.
- Trusted by leading companies and institutions the world over, thanks to state-of-the art filament manufacturing and quality control standards.
- MakerBot Filaments are guaranteed to have NO heavy metals, contaminants, phthalates, and Bisphenol A (BPA).
- The filament diameter is consistently round to ensure consistent flow through the extruder nozzle and smooth, even layers.
- Every millimeter of MakerBot Filament has been subjected to stringent laser testing.
- All MakerBot Filaments are Triple Laser Verified.
Compared to PLA filament, ABS filament has a longer lifespan, is more impact resistant, and has a more matte look and finish.
- MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer
- MakerBot Replicator 1 Desktop 3D Printer
- MakerBot Thing-O-Matic MK6+ Desktop 3D Printer
PRIOR TO PRINTING
- Requires a heated build platform. Be sure your build plate is level, clean, and oil-free
- Use MakerBot ABS Filament in a well-ventilated area.
- Glass Temp: 105°C (221°F)
- Melting Temp: Amorphous, no “True” Melting Point
- Nozzle Temp: 230°C (446°F)
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
- Spool Diameter: 20.32 cm (8 in)
- Spool Width: 7.62 cm (3 in)
- Spool Hub Hole: 5.08 cm (2 in)
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Shipping Weight: 1.36 kg (3 lb)
- Net Weight: 1 kg (2.2 lb)